Thursday, September 8, 2011

[The Secret Circle]

The Captive, Part II and The Power (The Secret Circle, #2-3)The Captive, Part II and The Power by L.J. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Overall I liked it, but I found it hard to like any of the characters aside from Nick. He was the only one that held my interest from beginning to end. I did manage to warm up to Diana and a few other characters, but Cassie bugged me ever since book one and continued to bug me throughout "The Captive, Part 2." She managed to redeem herself in "The Power" since she wasnt running around acting all secretive and lying to everybody anymore. I was upset over how the love story played out and the ending proved to be a little anticlimactic, but that's probably because I prefer physical action over magic, but it was still good. Even though I prefer "The Vampire Diaries" series, I think "The Secret Circle" is a good series for the YA genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment